Wednesday, July 6, 2011

So attempt number 2 at starting a blog

Well, I have had a crazy month since my first month. Realizing that I am only months away from the Chicago marathon (my first), I decided I would start blogging about my training along with my food. I have also been experimenting with buckwheat groats, raw nuts, and sprouting. I am following Hal Higdon's marathon program. Since I am new to Chicago, I don't have a training partner, so this blog will act as my accountability =) . And I often have a tendency to overtain or overdo things, so my friends convinced me to start with the Novice 1 program instead of the desired Novice 2- since I normally run 35-40 miles per week. However, I had a bit of plantars last year, so I decided to try the steady and smart route instead of the "go big or go home" mentality I have about everything in life ha. "Steady and smart" is my goal for this year, deciding my life is not a sprint but rather a well paced marathon that I want to enjoy not speed through. Wow, and I WILLtake a glass of wine to go with that slice of cheese that I just wrote ha. Happy hump day everyone!!

Organic Broccoli seeds -EXCITED TO TRY SPROUTING!

Raw buckwheat groats- breakfast ideas?

New home in Chicago

Back home in Hawaii- missing it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment